Leptospirosis is a serious threat that kills humans during rainy and flooding.
Rain and floods are things that we encounter often. During the rainy season like this In addition to being something that we can’t avoid, It also brings danger that is a silent danger. It also took the lives of quite a few people, which is “leptospirosis” Report from ยูฟ่าเบท https://ufabet999.com
What is Leptospirosis?
Leptospirosis , or its official name is Leptospirosis It is a disease that is transmitted from animals to humans. It is caused by a bacterium called Nailtospira. that often live in various organs of animals such as rats, dogs, cattle, buffalo, pigs, goats, sheep and other household pets especially the kidneys Therefore, when these animals excrete waste on public roads, mix with flood water after rain This causes these bacteria to enter our body through wounds on the feet, between the nails and on the legs of humans. In addition to the flooding during the rainy season, farmers, gardeners, and vendors in the fresh market who often have to walk in waterlogged areas It is possible to get this virus from animal waste on the floor. on the ground as well
Symptoms of leptospirosis
After the patient has been infected for 5-14 days, the following symptoms can observed:
- Period of infection entering the bloodstream The patient will have a headache. Forehead, behind the eyes, or possibly pain on both temples. Muscle cramps in the calves, thighs, and fever. In some cases, there may be anorexia, nausea, diarrhea, or red eyes due to dilated blood vessels. without symptoms of inflammation
- Period of the body building immunity After having a fever for 7 days, the fever will decrease for 1-2 days and then high fever will return again, headache, confusion, lethargy, loss of appetite, meningitis. Conjunctivitis, red rashes, and abnormal liver and kidney function.
In addition, there are other symptoms. that affect many parts of the body such as jaundice (jaundice), enlarged spleen, low platelets, etc.
How to treat patients with leptospirosis
See a doctor as soon as possible. When I realized that I had been wading through flood waters in the past 1-3 weeks. The doctor will administer treatment by giving antibiotics to kill germs according to the symptoms and severity of the disease. The sooner you see a doctor The more likely you are to recover quickly. Most of the patients died. Caused by seeing a doctor too late
How to protect from leptospirosis
- Always wear long boots. When having to wade through standing water If you don’t have a chance to wear boots. When finished wading in the water, you must quickly wash your hands and feet with a disinfectant product.
- avoid walking or touching standing water in various public areas
- Regularly clean areas in the house and outside the house if pets are kept in the house. or around the house Clean often Dispose of animal waste regularly.
- Wash your hands and feet thoroughly every time. If it is necessary to touch or touching containers containing animal waste
- Try not to cut your toenails too short, causing wounds. Feet are places where germs come from various places. Can enter the body easily
Now you know how to treat and prevent it. This time, we don’t have to be afraid of Leptospirosis anymore. Don’t forget to share good information. Give to the person you love So that we can be careful.